Code of Good Practice
In 2019, IDEA and our members created and launched a Code of Good Practice for Development Education in Ireland. The aim of the code is to further strengthen good practice in the sector and builds on work already carried out by IDEA working groups and partners in the production of Good Practice Guidelines for key areas of Development Education activity.
In 2017 IDEA convened a task group of IDEA members to draft a Code of Good Practice for Development Education in Ireland. This group developed a set of core principles along with indicators for a draft Code. These core principles and indicators were piloted by IDEA members in 2018 and the Code was launched in December 2019.
More information on how to join the Code of Good Practice for Development Education can be found here.
GOOD PRACTICE GUIDELINES AND CASE STUDIES
Good Practice Guidelines
IDEA works with our members to establish guidelines for good practice Development Education. We also disseminate Guidelines produced by other organisations. Guidelines produced by IDEA Working Groups include Good Practice Guidelines for Schools and for Adult and Community Education.
Good Practice Guidelines for Development Education
- Good Practice Guidelines for DE in Adult and Community Education by IDEA’s Community Sector Working Group
- Good Practice Guidelines for DE in Schools by IDEA’s Formal Education Working Group
- Good Practice Guidelines for DE in Volunteering by Comhlámh
- Good Practice Guidelines for DE in Youth Work by the National Youth Council of Ireland
- Guidelines for Producing DE Resources by www.developmenteducation.ie
- Good Practice Tips for Planning an Action Outcome in DE by the Centre for Global Education
Stories of Change: Good Practice in Development Education
IDEA works on an ongoing basis with www.developmenteducation.ie to collect case studies of good practice in Development Education. These Stories of Change showcase the quality and diversity of Development Education activities all around Ireland, and can be found here.