IDEA fulfills its mission to support and advance Development Education in Ireland by enabling our members to do their work and to continually improve. This involves:
- Capacity development for IDEA members on a range of areas (listed below)
- Promoting an enabling policy environment through advocacy and lobbying on key policies and issues
- Exploring alternative sources of funding and promoting the DE sector in Ireland to prospective donors.
- Creating an enabling environment for Development Education and the key focuses of the Development Education sector.
We currently focus on five specific areas:
- Measuring Impact
- Sharing Good Practice
- Managing an organisation
- Learning about global justice and development
- Engaging in policy and advocacy
We organise trainings, seminars and meetings to build capacity in these areas in the development education sector. Check out our Latest News section to see what events are coming up.
IDEA also hosts frequent webinars (online seminars). You can listen back to previous webinars in our Webinar Archive.